Please ensure regular participation (posting/engagement) to maintain your account. ×
The Bangladesh Defence Analyst Forum

• Elite Members

This project will truly transform Chittagong.

The Karnaphuli river nearly bisects Chittagong in half. Almost everything happens on the west side of the river but this tunnel will allow for greater connectivity with the East side, which is currently relatively underdeveloped and lot of the land is yet to be utilised. 

Now if we can get a metro for Chittagong city that would be a dream come true for the many of the city dwellers.

19 hours ago, Salted Cola said:

This project will truly transform Chittagong.

The Karnaphuli river nearly bisects Chittagong in half. Almost everything happens on the west side of the river but this tunnel will allow for greater connectivity with the East side, which is currently relatively underdeveloped and lot of the land is yet to be utilised. 

Now if we can get a metro for Chittagong city that would be a dream come true for the many of the city dwellers.

I heard Chittagong is getting an elevated expressway. Has construction started yet or is it just in planning stages?

• Elite Members
50 minutes ago, sibghat_99 said:

I heard Chittagong is getting an elevated expressway. Has construction started yet or is it just in planning stages?

Construction had begun last year but as far as I know the project hit a snag after the construction of the pillars. The port authority had some concerns regarding security 🤷‍♂️and the project has been put on hold and most probably the design will be altered. Whether the project will finish by 2023 remains to be seen but I cant really complain much as when its eventually completed it'll make traveling a lot easier, not to mention the seamless transportation of goods to the port.