Please ensure regular participation (posting/engagement) to maintain your account. ×
The Bangladesh Defence Analyst Forum

Bangladesh defence budget and your expecations

15 hours ago, Darth Nihilus said:

All I can see is that they haven't bought anything for a long time which is why we are so behind and now that they're gearing up to push forward and hasten their progress, they're still getting flak from us. Why is that?

The why was about the part not crossed out. Hope that didn't cause too much confusion

• Administrators

Members are requested not to respond to any of @Zoro96 comments. He has been permanently banned.

----

The Bangladesh Air Force might be incompetent for whatever reason but as a whole it is not corrupt, nor are members of the armed forces in general. The armed forces remain the most trusted institution in the country due to their dedicated and hard work. As such this forum is not appropriate to give false or unfair evaluations on their activities. 

Members should steer clear of such acts and anybody that encourages that sort of discussion will be immediately thrown out of this forum. This is not acceptable for discussion in military forums of any country in the world.

Aside from that there is no problem to discuss about aircraft, defence budget, equipment, reorganisation and so on.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know if this is the right place to post this question but I can't think of anywhere else at the moment. Can someone tell me if Bangladesh maintains a black budget? From my understanding, all countries (or most) have black budgets (money allocated for undisclosed projects). Can someone clear this up? I don't want to know the amount but I just wanna know if they do actually maintain one or not.

• Administrators

Think about what you are asking. Why would anybody admit to that even if there was such a thing, which there is not? Its not cloaks and daggers. Everything is transparent.

• 11 months later...
  • Elite Members
On 6/4/2021 at 2:04 PM, Patriot_68 said:

I couldn't find allocation for defense in this year's budget. Usually every year it is shown as a percentage of total allocation. Can anyone throw some light ? 

$7.065 billion dollar or 33,55 crore taka budget was allocated to armed forces.