Please ensure regular participation (posting/engagement) to maintain your account. ×
The Bangladesh Defence Analyst Forum

Video : Cat saved from certain death by Fire Service

• Elite Members
21 minutes ago, Darth Nihilus said:

The Fire Service is highly underrated in Bangladesh. Given the resources and manpower they have, they did an amazing job in the Banani incident. Sadly, us Bangladeshis enjoy criticizing people more than we enjoy applauding people for their effort

While I agree I must add that they need more equipment and training.

In a country as densely populated as Bangladesh, we need well trained, well equipped fire service so that we can keep dangerous incidents in check. 

A simple fire in the slums has the potential to kill thousands in Bangladesh and the only way we can prevent this is through a efficient and effective fire service.

I agree completely with the need of more equipment but the situation also needs to be kept in mind. The banani case, everyone started flooding the streets as soon as it happened making it nearly impossible to reach the scene on time for the fire crews. No level of equipment is gonna be able to solve that. For the slums, they are in essence unplanned. Making the small walkways in between shanties only wide enough for one person to go through. Imagine a squad of firefighters trying to make their way through. The govt keeps throwing these people out and they keep coming back. I don't blame them tho. They need affordable housing and the govt needs to plan for that if they haven't yet

2 hours ago, TigerShark said:

FS is a very commendable organisation. If Police is having over 200,000 personnel its a tremendous disservice to maintain only 5,000 personnel in FS force.

Prevention is better than cure, first we need to teach Bangladeshi about basic fire safety.

40 minutes ago, Salahuddin said:

Prevention is better than cure, first we need to teach Bangladeshi about basic fire safety.

Completely agree, how do you expect the Fire Service to do it's work efficiently if the area gets crowded by people underneath because of nothing but curiosity and "mobile video" for attention?

spacer.png

Before demanding quality performance, we ourselves need to be a quality citizen.