Please ensure regular participation (posting/engagement) to maintain your account. ×
The Bangladesh Defence Analyst Forum

Forum ideas and suggestion box

• Administrators

We are giving you an unique opportunity to advice our management panel on how to shape the forums long term success.

If you have any suggestion in relation to color schema, features, organisation of forum, on how forum staff can better work with fellow members drop a few ideas here for us to consider.

2 hours ago, Asaf Khandekar said:

We are giving you an unique opportunity to advice our management panel on how to shape the forums long term success.

If you have any suggestion in relation to color schema, features, organisation of forum, on how forum staff can better work with fellow members drop a few ideas here for us to consider.

Make the colour scheme to be red and green like our national flag.

6 hours ago, Patriot_68 said:

A nominal subscription can be charged to cover the day to day admin cost. But I request to make the payment system easier for residents of Bangladesh. For example we can not pay through Paypal from Bangladesh. An alternative could be Bkash. 

Valid point. Hopefully admin panel must lite on this point.

• Administrators

Thanks for the suggestion guys. The management team can take note of this for possible future implementation.

I have something I was thinking of in terms of organising the forum better with focus on strategically important sectors of our economy. Shall we have four more additional sub-forums?

• Science & Technology
  • Civil Aviation
  • Maritime & Shipbuilding
  • Power & Energy

What is your opinion?

• Elite Members
4 minutes ago, Syed Amar Khan said:

Thanks for the suggestion guys. The management team can take note of this for possible future implementation.

I have something I was thinking of in terms of organising the forum better with focus on strategically important sectors of our economy. Shall we have four more additional sub-forums?

• Science & Technology
  • Civil Aviation
  • Power & Energy

What is your opinion?

Apart from civil aviation, the other 3 definitely need their own designated sub forums. We could also do with a terrorism sub forum, where we share and discuss about terror groups operating in Bangladesh and how best to combat them.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Salted Cola said:

Apart from civil aviation, the other 3 definitely need their own designated sub forums. We could also do with a terrorism sub forum, where we share and discuss about terror groups operating in Bangladesh and how best to combat them.

I do not want to be promoting Bangladesh as a hot spot for terrorism, because its not. Moreover I think most people here are not qualified in the subject matter of counter-terrorism to warrant such suggestions. The internal security sub-forum should suffice for all counter-terrorism related threads.

• Elite Members
Just now, Syed Amar Khan said:

I do not want to be promoting Bangladesh as a hot spot for terrorism, because its not. Moreover I think most people here are not qualified in the subject matter of counter-terrorism to warrant such suggestions. The internal security sub-forum should suffice for all counter-terrorism related threads.

Hmmm yes you're right, foreigners will be reading this forum as well.

19 hours ago, Syed Amar Khan said:

• Science & Technology
  • Civil Aviation
  • Power & Energy

What is your opinion?

All four areas demand separate sub-forum. I would especially emphasize on Science & Technology. 4th industrial rev. is almost knocking at our door and we have many miles to walk before we can reach a level. 

• Administrators

Implemented as follows:

• Science & Technology added
  • Civil Aviation added
  • Maritime & Shipbuilding added
  • Power & Energy added 
  • South Asian Defence Forum in lieu of separate defence forums for India & Pakistan. Myanmar forum remains as they are not South Asian.
  • Global Defence Industry & Technology added
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

We are trialling Mughal ranks for now to practice our tradition and avoid using current military ranks at the same time (as non military personnel should not be accorded with military ranks).

Special titles (Forum staff):

1. Amir (Founder)
  2. Vakil (Chief Administrator)
  3. Wazir (Administrator)
  4. Mir Bakshi (Chief Moderator)
  5. Sardar (Moderator)

Regular member ranks based on post/content count:

• Chela - 0
  • Sepoy - 50
  • Jemadar - 150
  • Daffadar - 500
  • Sowar - 1500
  • Risaldar - 3000
  • Subedar - 5000
  • Mansabdar - 10000 

7U6EEgj.png

• 3 weeks later...

Can you change the background color and improve the layout? It's hard to share image and insert multiple quotes. The threads and sub-forums are kinda messy, sometimes i can't find relevant thread to post news, photos and videos.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Can you change the background color and improve the layout? It's hard to share image and insert multiple quotes. The threads and sub-forums are kinda messy, sometimes i can't find relevant thread to post news, photos and videos.

The colours are fine and layout is not a problem for most.

Its not difficult to share image or insert multiple quotes. Click the relevant options in the post editor to do so. For inserting multiple quotes click the "+" button located before the quote option. If you can't find a relevant thread use the search option.

You will see most of these problems relate to you instead of the forum system.

• 3 months later...