Please ensure regular participation (posting/engagement) to maintain your account. ×
The Bangladesh Defence Analyst Forum

Human trafficking in Bangladesh

• Administrators

RAB rescues 13 Rohingya women from traffickers in Dhaka’s Aftabnagar

Published: 27 Jan 2020 01:11 AM BdST Updated: 27 Jan 2020 01:11 AM BdST 

The women rescued on Sunday are around 18 years old, said ABM Faizul Islam, an additional superintendent of police at RAB.

The arrested trafficking suspects are Kabir Ahmed, 40, and Md Imran, natives of Teknaf.

The RAB seized a huge amount of fake passports, birth certificates, birth registration and passport forms, Faizul said.

The arrestees have confessed to trafficking seven people abroad in December last year and five more this month, according to the RAB official.
“This group mainly sells the young women to international traffickers abroad to employ them as sex workers,” he said.

The victims are forced to work at bars and brothels in different countries, including Malaysia and Dubai, Faizul said.

The suspects made the passports for the women using fake addresses with the help of “dishonest government officials”, he said.

The group cons helpless young women displaced from Myanmar to Dhaka for trafficking, the RAB official said.

b9y0RKN.jpg

tUNfO3h.jpg

8 int'l human traffickers held in Dhaka
Published at 03:41 pm January 27th, 2020

Two victims were rescued during the drive

Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) has arrested eight members of an international human trafficking gang from Dhaka's Kamrangirchar, Keraniganj and Mugda areas.

RAB 11 conducted a special drive and arrested the members of International Women's Trafficking Cycle on Sunday.

The elite force also rescued two victims during the drive, said a press release issued by RAB 11 media office on Monday.

RAB also seized 39 passports, photocopies of 66 passports, 18 flight tickets, 36 visas, a CPU, and 19 mobile phones from their possession.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/dhaka/2020/01/27/8-int-l-human-traffickers-held-in-dhaka

• Elite Members
6 minutes ago, Jack Ryan said:

Death penalty must be according to rapists, sex traffickers and maximum jail term for officials who are helping them organise the fake IDs. 

I agree for rapists but for sex traffickers I'd rather they suffer and feel like useless objects with no soul. Make them work to death in prison camp, have them break ships if need be, nothing more dehumanising then working to death for no economic return. Do onto them what they were going to do with these women.

• Elite Members

I think we need death penalty for corrupt officials, atleast for a few years and then revoke the law. At present corruption is rampant and it is holding the development of the nation back.

In my view anyone who holds the nations development back is equal to a traitor from 71.

1 hour ago, Salted Cola said:

I agree for rapists but for sex traffickers I'd rather they suffer and feel like useless objects with no soul. Make them work to death in prison camp, have them break ships if need be, nothing more dehumanising then working to death for no economic return. Do onto them what they were going to do with these women.

Death penalty without proper judicial system rarely ever works though. We need to ensure strict implementation of the law first. Just making semantic changes which is not enforceable will not deter the criminals.

I agree with the fact that they are same level of traitors but just changing a law without changing the way we judge things is still the same. The powerful will walk free and you wouldn't snag more than a few low ranked ones. Same as the anti-narcotics drive if you know what I'm hinting at.

• Elite Members
1 hour ago, Darth Nihilus said:

I agree with the fact that they are same level of traitors but just changing a law without changing the way we judge things is still the same. The powerful will walk free and you wouldn't snag more than a few low ranked ones. Same as the anti-narcotics drive if you know what I'm hinting at.

In Bangladesh the powerful always walk free and will continue to do so, until the day we have a government ( new party ) that has a spine and doesn't actively ignore widespread corruption in their own party. Both BAL and BNP are corrupt and in the long run we will have to get rid of them.